Memories


I had been sitting on the floor for fifteen minutes. The dark red liquid was slowly staining my white shirt. I attempted to slow the bleeding down by applying pressure to my side, but the sharp pain that filled my entire body was enough to make me stop. Why was I slowing down the inevitable? I was going to die here anyways. It was probably best that I died sooner rather than later.

I looked up at the mahogany coffee table. On it, sat a small silver frame that contained a picture of me in my youth and my father. After my mother had died, he was all I had left. It was a shame that my questionable lifestyle prohibited me from visiting or talking to him.

You haven’t seen your loved ones for months now.

My summers were filled with memories of my father. He took me out to the lake near my house everyday. It was there where he taught me how to fish. I remember the first time I had ever caught a fish. I couldn’t have been older than seven. I remember the sense of pride that I felt when my dad congratulated me.

Those were nothing but memories now.


Image:

http://www.picalls.com/data/media/13/Black_and_white_lake.jpg

1 comment:

  1. When I first started the blog project, I didn’t have any idea that it would develop into what it ended up becoming. Starting out, I wanted it to be something that revolved around the idea of how limiting or banning anything usually never ends up working. Each week as I connected my blog project to other people’s blogs, it was becoming darker and more about the narrator’s stream of consciousness. By connecting it to the other blogs, I think my blog became more interesting and definitely better than if I didn’t have the outside influence of the other projects. In Deleuze and Guattari’s A Thousand Plateus, they state that, “a book exists only through the outside and on the outside” (4). I definitely think that the blog project demonstrated that concept. The blogs needed the other blogs to develop into something interesting. Using concepts from other blogs and making that concept your own by incorporating it into your vision made them better than just coming up with ideas on your own. This created the whole intertextuality of the projects.

    Deleuze and Guattari use the analogy of roots that are interconnected with each other to explain intertextuality. The idea that intertextuality are like roots are a perfect way to describe how this blog project developed. Roots are required for plants to grow. In order for our blog projects to grow, they needed to depend on the concepts of other blogs. Without the other blogs, I feel like our blogs wouldn’t be nearly as fun to read or to even write. I couldn’t come up with half of the ideas I came up with for my blog without borrowing ideas from the blogs that I had to read. It almost narrowed my focus onto one concept that I could incorporate into my blog.

    ReplyDelete